Every computer needs an operating system to run it. The operating system is necessary for a computer, just like a room has windows and doors. No windows, no entry. But you must have the most secure, reliable, and easy-to-use operating system that can offer security and comfort to operate your computer. Otherwise, cyber attackers can hack your system, or you cannot work efficiently if you use pirated software.
Many of us do not want to accept a new version of anything. Maybe, it is our inborn tendency. But we have to avoid this type of trend that can draw us back. An upgraded version of software comes with many new important features. So, the earlier we update the version of the operating system to the latest version, the more beneficial it will be for us to use it professionally.
Upgraded versions of operating systems become more reliable, flexible, and secure for a computer user because companies upgrade their software versions to add new features. These features may allow you to experience immediate utilization, as well.
Some users under the sun still use Win-7 or even the previous operating system version- Windows XP. One of them is already marked out, and Microsoft does not release any updates to this operating system. In the case of Win-7, the same thing is going to happen. The bad news for those of us who are currently using Win-7, and the fact is that Microsoft will no longer update Win-7 Security from February 7, 2020.
Now, imagine what will happen to you then? So this is the real-time you should upgrade your Windows version to the latest version of Win-10 pro or its other version. There are four different versions of the operating system Microsoft has released. They are WIN-10 HOME, WIN-10 PRO (PROFESSIONAL), WIN-10 ENTERPRISE, WIN-10 LTSC 2019, AND WIN-11 PRO.
If you are confused about the operating system versions released by Microsoft and which one should be better for you, this article is ideal and perfect for you. After finishing the article, you will know everything related to operating systems. So, sit back on your armchair and start to read at the end of this article.
Problems you may face while using your computer:
Your system and data on your hard drive will be vulnerable. Malware and viruses can quickly attack your system and data on your hard drive. You can lose your data or face trouble while computing. Your system will be at risk, and any hacker can take control of your system if your Windows edition is not original.
Pirated Win-10 performs poorly when it comes to security issues. Besides, being pirated software, you will not receive any updates that can save your system from cyber attackers worldwide.
It will not work correctly and comfortably if you use a pirated copy of the Win-10 edition. Also, the Microsoft store will not allow you to use all their apps from their store. You may experience a sudden shutdown of the software you are working on, which is tedious and a hindrance to your task. Your concentration may fade away if it frequently happens to you.
So, installing the original Win-10 edition (any of them) can be wise and the best choice to avoid all these problems. As your Win-10 will regularly update from their server, your system will keep secure. You will find comfort while working on your computer.
However, let’s paint a clear image of the Win-10 edition and its advantages & disadvantages. You will also make sure to gather a lot of information about them. Thus you can decide on your own which version of Windows you should use for your personal or business purpose.
Windows 10 Home
As you know, Win-10 home is the successor to Win-8.1, respectively. Microsoft always tries to bring something that can meet users’ needs and speed up their users’ work in this environment. In the same way, Win-10 home has come up with more features that can satisfy you, including the revamped Start Menu, a full-fledged version of Cortana, digital voice assistant, Windows Hello, Microsoft Edge, and so on.
The advantages of Windows 10 home:
- All-new Virtual Desktop option.
- You can switch from desktop mode to tablet mode with the flagship feature.
- You will get a brand new browser, Microsoft Edge, that works smoothly.
- Updates are available for this version of Win-10 to keep your system secured.
- After upgrading your system to Win-10 home, you will see the Action Center-like mobile devices.
- Most updated security features like Device Guard, Microsoft Passport, and Windows Hello for threat protection.
- Voice Typing allows you to search for anything by saying something.
The disadvantages of Windows 10 home:
- You need to share your personal information with Microsoft to receive a better and improved service.
- Though there is little evidence that after upgrading to Win-10, your system may crash sometimes.
- It would help if you also had numerous hours to fix this problem.
- If your computer is old, you should not try to upgrade to Win-10. It will slow down your computer because it requires the latest hardware version.
- You will experience a lot of telemetries automatically running in the background.
- If you want to use Cortana to find something you need, it will force you to use the Bing web search engine.
- Unnecessary warning messages will annoy you.
Windows 10 Pro is more professional than the Win-10 Home edition. Win-10 Pro has many new features, including BitLocker, Remote Desktop Connection, Windows Update for Business, Hyper-V, etc., making it more functional. But you may not need these extra features if you use them individually. On the other hand, if you plan to use it where you need to control other computers in your office, it should be the best one for you.
The advantages of Windows 10 Pro:
- If you want to secure your data entirely, you can do it with BitLocker to prevent it from potential hackers. Also, users can share their files with someone to read them via USB sticks.
- Remote Desktop Connection will allow you to control your PC.
- In Windows 10 home, you will be forced to update the software, while Windows 10 Pro can differ the updates. You can make a schedule for an update later.
- If your PC supports virtualization, you can utilize this benefit of Hyper-V. It is just similar to a built-in VirtualBox.
- Windows 10 Pro helps you join a domain that will allow other PCs of your network or office to connect to a corporate system. You can control other PCs and restrict users from doing certain things.
- It has the opportunity to synchronize with your mobile phone. You can browse the same website from your PC or mobile device.
The disadvantages of windows 10 Pro:
- The first thing comes first. Price matters for everything you want to purchase. Similarly, along with Windows 10 Pro’s extra features, you have to count extra money for it. And the difference between the price of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro is almost £100.
- At the time of installation of Windows 10 Pro, many unnecessary applications are installed. As a result, you will find your computer slow.
- You may spend extra money to upgrade your computer’s hardware. Without the latest version of hardware parts, including motherboard, RAM, and Processor, you cannot enjoy the operating system.
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Enterprise is considered to be the best solution for business purposes, whether your business is small or large. You have complete control over your employee’s computers. Also, if you are an IT professional and conscious about your security, then this version of Windows 10 should be the best bet for you. An advanced threat protection system allows you to work without security issues.
The advantages of windows 10 Enterprise:
- Windows 10 Enterprise provides you with complete security for your IT departments. You can manage your device remotely from anywhere. It also delivers the virtual desktop by Azure, contains apps, and has access to security analytics with the help of Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph.
- Windows 10 Enterprise has the Application Guard System, which allows you to create a complete virtual browser. This feature of Windows 10 enterprise helps you to protect your system from viruses. It is the best option for you if you want to keep your office computers secured fully.
- Windows Defender to protect your system, including Credential Guard, Application Guard, Application Control, and Advanced Threat Protection.
- App-V (Microsoft Application Virtualization and UE-V (Microsoft User Environment Virtualization) help businesses to have Win23 apps to control the settings and accounts.
The disadvantages of Windows 10 Enterprise:
- When you install Windows 10 Enterprise on your computer, it may be a cause for your system’s slow down. Many unnecessary applications also are installed at the time of the installation of Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Application compatibility means you have to have the latest version of hardware in your computer to enjoy Windows 10 Enterprise. So, before installing Windows 10 Enterprise, consider upgrading your hardware section.
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
Say you are a web designer or developer and want to use the most stable version of Windows 10 edition. If so, then Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 is for you. It has a long-term servicing channel to provide you with the best experience. The regular security update is a beauty of this version, but its features do not update regularly. Besides, you may be a teacher at a college or university and do not want new features to taste. As a teacher, you may only use your computer to write something. So, all you need is a stable version of Windows 10.
The advantages of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC:
- Stability is the key to this version of windows.
- It is like Windows 7, which updates after every three years. It provides its users with five-year support.
- When it releases its latest or upgraded version, you, as a user, can upgrade it to its new version without any charge.
- It is a lightweight operating system of Microsoft Corporation. Unnecessary applications and software do not install along with its installation. That’s why organizations tend to use this version of Windows 10, which is very user-friendly and does not slow down your system.
The disadvantages of windows 10 Enterprise LTSC:
- It needs a more expensive license fee than a regular service channel because LTSC is a different version.
- If you are fond of new features to add to your system, this version is not for you. It does not regularly update with new features to include.
- You are not going to have a live tile start menu here.
- You don’t have the opportunity to use Microsoft Store Application in this version.
- LTSC is unable to support ConfigMgr Express Updates.
The Bottom Line:
Now you should have a clear concept about the edition of Windows 10. You can decide which version of Windows 10 is perfect for you. Also, it is essential to upgrade your system from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 if you still use one of them. You need to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 with a license key to protect your computer from likely cyber attacks.
It would be best to consider upgrading your computer’s hardware parts. Otherwise, your computer will become slower than before. Make sure you have the configuration of a core i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, and 120 GB Hard Drive for better performance.
Wind-11 Professional is worth the update for most people. It comes with many new features, performance improvements, and design changes. As the latest Windows OS, it usually gets more attention than Win-10. There’s not too much risk in upgrading to Win-11 Professional, either.
You will get some advantages of Win-11 Professional. Such as, you’ll find it easier to create and toggle between different virtual desktops in Win-11 than in Wind-10. Win-11 Professional lets you set up virtual desktops in a way that’s similar to on a Mac. It allows you to toggle between multiple desktops at once for personal, work, school, or gaming. Some advantages of Win-11 pro are below:
The advantages of Windows 11 pro:
- It’s Still an Excellent Operating System
- Beautiful, more consistent design
- Great window layout options
- Strong video gaming updates
- Performance-improving features
- Runs Android apps
The disadvantage of Windows 11 pro:
- Hardware Requirements Are Too Stringent.
- Changing Default Apps Is Too Hard.
- You Have to Sign in to a Microsoft Account to Use it.
- Start Menu Is Less Usable Than Windows 10’s.
- Taskbar Is Less Helpful Than Windows 10’s.
- Forces You to Use the Edge Browser.
- Ditches the Action Center and Its Replacements Stink.
- It is a Step Backward for Tablets.